Well, this weekend came and went, and still no Heather :(
After getting some more information about the situation at her Dad's house, it seems that she's simply given free reign to come and go as she pleases with no inquiry as to where she's going, who's she's going with, or what they're doing.
Now I've been told that 'Disneyland-Dad' has told her she can stay as long as she wants.
I HOPE AND PRAY that when she does decide to begin speaking to me again, it won't be just to tell me some horrible news of how eff'd-up she is!
I am having a really hard time with this! She's not returning my calls, and I only get short one-word responses to texts that I send. But, I keep sending an "I LOVE YOU" or a "HOW YA DOIN?" every day, so she will at least know that I think about her. I've stopped trying to call, because she's only answered one of my calls since she left, and I'm sure my voice-tones on the voicemails are probably not very cheerful sounding. So, texts will have to do for now.
Meanwhile, I get a lot of one-on-one time with Kelly, and that's a very good thing !
I just need to stay Chin-up :) and cross my fingers that she won't get hurt or lost beyond return while she's out 'finding herself'.
Now begins Week Two...
Farm Fancy
11 years ago
Just wanted to let you know that you are all in our prayers! Hope she comes home soon. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI will keep prying for you guys. I m not looking for the girls to grow up I want to keep them with me forever
ReplyDeleteI wish she was in a new place where she knows no one. Maybe I'll take her to Alaska and leave her there a while and she might realize how nice it is to have family around, that cares about you and not just gives you a place to crash once in a while.
ReplyDeleteKris - You know me...the devil's advocate.
ReplyDeleteI know you love your daughter and want all the best for her, but she's also an adult now. While she lives with you, perhaps she needs a bit more privacy. Maybe it's time to cut loose a little bit.
I'll never forget the first time I returned home after moving to Utah that freshman year. I was only 18 1/2 and, since I was home, figured I had to conform with the old rules: where you going, who with, contact number, when will you be home, call if you're going to be late. After a few days of following the rules, and one night calling late to let them know I'd be home later than expected, my dad pulled me aside to tell me, "You're an adult now. You don't have to report every detail to us. Just let (Mom) know if you'll be home for dinner or not." WOW...what a shocker! So...I didn't have to report in, but I still kept pretty close tabs. I think it worked for us all...I felt less imposed upon, they felt less responsible for their adult child.
(Dad did, afterall, pull us aside on our 18th birthdays to remind us that "You're an adult now. You're responsible for your own decisions. If you blow it, I don't have to bail you out." It was pretty shocking for me since I'd never seen the inside of a police car, let alone a jail!
When she comes home, and I'm sure she'll come home, maybe the two of you could come up with some arrangements that work better for you BOTH as ADULT women. :)
Love,
Your Cousin who is amazed by how well you're doing!